The project was established in 2019 at the initiative of the Azerbaijan Convention Bureau with the aim of supporting destination ambassadors, i.e. local members of international professional associations from among renowned Azerbaijani scientists, doctors and other experts, as well as senior representatives of local branches of international companies based in Azerbaijan. These ambassadors have the possibility to influence the choice of Azerbaijan as a destination for future business events.
The Ambassadors Programme is a planned set of activities, tools and support services designed by the Azerbaijan Convention Bureau to assist destination ambassadors in attracting business events to the country.
The Azerbaijan Convention Bureau team provides its destination ambassadors with full support during every stage of the bidding process, planning and promotion of the hosted event.
The goals of the Ambassador Programme include:
- Increasing the country’s competitiveness within the business events industry
- Increasing the potential of hosting business events in Azerbaijan
- Recognising and appreciating destination ambassadors for their contribution to the business events industry, as well as for representing Azerbaijan internationally
- Promoting important sectors of the local economy
Who can become an ambassador?
An ambassador in the context of the business events industry is a person of knowledge and stature who is influential in their field and can act as a representative of a destination. An ambassador should also be prepared to work with local and international professionals to secure business events for the destination.
An individual qualified as a local member of an international association/organisation operating in various fields is eligible to propose the country’s candidacy to become the host of a business event.
Representatives from various fields in both the public and private sectors who can represent Azerbaijan internationally can become destination ambassadors.
Destination ambassadors are actively involved in the business events industry activities of the country and therefore can significantly influence the decision in favour of a destination within the international community.
Benefits for the ambassadors include:
- Increased visibility and reputation among your colleagues at local and international levels
- Possibility to develop your local association network
- Opportunity to share findings gained in Azerbaijan with your colleagues from around the industry
- Increased visibility among the wider public, organisations and state authorities
- Improved reputation of the specific industry or field of study
- Access to the latest technologies and intellectual capital
- Chance to attract foreign investments to the region
- Enhanced reputation of the academic, scientific and business communities in Azerbaijan
If you want to become an ambassador, contact us!